The Information &eGovernment Authority (iGA) issued its foreign trade report of November 2020, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.
The value of imports increased by 6%, reaching BD 402 million during November 2020 Compared toBD379 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 70% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 30%.
According to the report, China ranked first when it came to imports to Bahrain, with a total of BD 56 million, Brazil was second with BD33 million; and the United States of America was third with BD31 million.
Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD31 million, while Aluminum oxide was second with BD25 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD14 million.
The value of exports of national origin increased by 9% to BD 192 million during November2020,compared to BD177 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 74% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 26%.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD41 million from Bahrain. Meanwhile, the United States of America was second with BD22 million and the Sultanate of Oman third with BD16 million.
Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top products exported during November 2020 with BD48 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed was second with a value of BD20 million and aluminum wires (not alloyed)third with BD13 million.
The total value of re-exports decreased by3 3% to reach BD46 million during November 2020, compared to BD69 million for the same month of the previous year. The top 10 countries accounted for 88% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 12%.The United Arab Emirates ranked first with BD16 million, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia second with BD13 million, and the United States of America third with BD3 million.
Four-wheel drive cars the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD7 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates came in second place with BD5 million, and wrist watches (Precious metal) came third with DB2 million.
The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance reached BD163 million during November of 2020 versus BD134 million for the same month of the previous year with an increase of 22%.
Further details are available on www.data.gov.bh