iGA issues Foreign Trade report of May

0

Bahrain’s value of imports decreased by 10%, reaching BD378 million during May compared with BD419 million for the same month last year, the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) said.

The top 10 countries accounted for 67% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 33%, the iGA said in its foreign trade report of May, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

According to the report, China ranked first in imports to Bahrain, with BD67 million, followed by Australia with BD38 million and Brazil with BD23 million.

Aluminum oxide emerged as the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD43 million, while non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates were second with BD26 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD14 million.

The value of exports of national origin decreased by 16% to BD176 million during May, compared with BD210 million for the same month of the previous year.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 76% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 24%.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD34 million from the Kingdom. The Netherlands was second with BD18 million and the United Arab Emirates third with BD14 million.

Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) emerged as the top products exported during May 2020 with BD36 million, Unwrought aluminum alloys was second with a value of BD31 million and Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates third with BD25 million.

The total value of re-exports decreased by 40% to reach BD40million during May, compared with BD66 million for the same month of the previous year.

The top 10 countries accounted for 95% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 5%. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ranked first with BD15 million, China second with BD7million, and the United Arab Emirates third with BD5million.

Four-wheel drive cars are the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD8million, followed by parts for aero planes with BD2.4 million, and cigarettes containing tobacco with BD2.2million.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totaling BD162 million during May compared with BD143 million for the same month of the previous year, an improvement of the trade balance by 13%.

BNA(R)

SOURCE: BIZBAHRAIN

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here