CBRE is the top-ranked firm for commercial real estate investment activity globally for the eighth consecutive year, according to Real Capital Analytics (RCA).
RCA credited CBRE with 22.2% of market share* across all property types on a global basis in 2018—a 800 bps (basis point) lead over the nearest competitor.
CBRE held the top spot in RCA’s global rankings, which are based on seller representation activity, across most property types, including office, industrial, retail, apartment and development investment sales.
CBRE was the number one firm for commercial real estate investment activity in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
“Our long-standing relationships with investors and capital sources translate into swift and precise execution for our clients. With leadership in every global market, we bridge geographic divides across our enterprise to share intelligence and connect clients to opportunities across the globe,” said Chris Ludeman, Global President, Capital Markets, CBRE.
Highlights from RCA’s 2018 global rankings include:
- CBRE executed $51.54 billion in global office sales as seller representative, for an industry-leading market share of 19.8% in 2018.
- CBRE was again the top global firm in logistics and industrial sales, with $26.30 billion in transactions for a market share of 32.3%.
- CBRE claimed the top global position in retail sales, with $16.94 billion in transactions, for a market share of 21.1%.
- CBRE executed $35.18 billion in global apartment sales for a market leading share of 23.5%
* Market share has been calculated based on the dollar volume of transactions where CBRE represented the seller, divided by the total volume of seller-brokered transactions.